Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Meeting - Time to 'DIG'




"Let the one who is wise heed these things
and ponder the loving deeds of the LORD."
Psalm 107:43 



We recently held a meeting at our house to discuss “Bread FOR Life.”
We had five (A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.) husband & wife teams over for some
homemade chili and cornbread, fellowship and PRAYER.
A total of 12 adult and 3 children in my teeny-tiny little house.
Snugly, comfy and sweet!

We had no formal agenda, nor did we have anything written down to talk about.
Probably not the ‘smartest’ idea when you hold a meeting however,
we knew the Spirit would lead and I wasn’t worried about a thing!
We just knew we wanted to pray, talk and pray some more.
(The Lord has done such an amazing work in these folks
that it was easy to trust the Lord to speak powerfully through them).

I felt that I really needed to meet a group of mature Christian people
and seek wisdom in a multitude of spirit-filled councilors.
There has been such a stirring in my heart over this ministry
and I have been prompted to seek out prayer and bring together a ‘meeting of the minds’.
A time to sit around and talk about things
and see what the bigger picture is with BFL and what is the ultimate goal.
BFL was birthed in my heart out of the love for the orphan and a desperate desire
to raise awareness and money so that their basic needs could be met.
That was the prayer boiling over in my heart.
Out of that, ‘Bread FOR Life’ started and has truly made a huge impact on people’s lives.
(including my own)

As we sat talking, my pastor asked me a very profound question
that I think got everyone thinking.
He asked me,
“What is the big picture here? What would you like to see happen as an end result?
If you could have 'utopia' for this ministry, what would that look like?”




I basically said,
“Well the obvious would be to put a plate of food in front of these children and they could eat.
But then my heart asks, what about tomorrow? Where do they sleep? Do they have water?
Are they safe?... the questions go on.”

I then stated,
“You know, it’s funny, I wrote a blog post about this exact question.
It said this, ‘I want to move to Africa. Adopt a village.
Drill a well (water is LIFE). Build a church and a school.
Teach farming. Grow food and love LOVE; L.O.V.E. the people.’
I guess that would be 'utopia' for this ministry.”
(I wrote about the here: "Faces In Another Land")


I believe with everything in me that at that moment, things changed.
The Lord started to impart vision to us.
ALL OF US.


We started talking.  Things started to become very real to us.
There was an overwhelming sense of excitement in the room
that can only come from the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Do you know what I mean?

Have you ever experienced something like that?

When 12 people can come together in AGREEMENT and start bouncing off idea’s and then start seeing things very VERY clearly, and you know someONE else is running this meeting.

All we needed to do,
was come together and pray.


Ask the Lord to guide and direct our meeting.
We don’t need an agenda.
In fact, my agenda would have directed this meeting to who knows where.

What I am here to tell you today is that my God is on the move.
He is getting ready to MOVE BIG TIME!

As people shared idea’s and tears flowed (mostly mine. It’s just what I do.)
and hearts were being touch, the Lord was blessing us with a VISION.
A vision for His Kingdom, His children, His Church and His Glory.
What a Glorious place to be!

All I have to say, is when I go to Uganda in June,
I know I will be wrecked.
I will be broken.
I will be battered.
I will be undone.
And that is exactly where I want to be.
Because THEN I will be willing to do
WHATEVER. IT. IS. HE. HAS. FOR. US. TO. DO.


And by the way, these 10 people will be more-wrecked.
They will be more-broken.
They will be more-battered.
They will be more-undone.
Nobody will ever be the same again.


Church, are you ready for us?


Things are shaken… hold on!


It's time to DIG!!






In EXACTLY 3 months,

‘Bread FOR Life’ has raise a total of

$5,700!


I’ve always said:
“If we are willing, HE IS ABLE!”

I believe it more today than ever!



“He turned the desert into pools of water and the parched ground into flowing springs;
there he brought the hungry to live, and they founded a city where they could settle.
They sowed fields and planted vineyards that yielded a fruitful harvest;
he blessed them, and their numbers greatly increased, and he did not let their herds diminish.”
Psalm 107:35-38


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how very exciting Robin. Wonderful..amazing God....I also did not know you were going to Uganda in June. How I wish I could go myself....will be keeping you in thought and prayer of course...now and then. How exciting that you have raised so much money already. Super!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for the blessing of His Holy Spirit and the direction He gives us. How wonderful! I am excited to continue reading of God's provision and moving in your life and this work. I love to hear about His individual purpose for each of us.
    Keep up the God work

    ReplyDelete