Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hillside Church - 'Bread For Life'





This girl is blessed beyond words!


In the two weeks 'Bread For Life' was at Hillside Church in Petaluma, I was blown away at the precious hearts of the leadership, the open warm hearts of the people and the solid Word being preached from the pulpit. This whole experience was a breath of fresh air.



The warmth and the love that this church showed me was a reminder that this is what the Bride of Christ looks like. Christ-centered, God-honoring, orphan-caring, assisting the poor, giving to the homeless, giving above and beyond what is required, Church. Overall, I am encouraged and humbled at the whole experience




As a body of believers, we raised exactly $900 for the 'least of these'. Praising God! There is great joy when we can work together as a community of believers.



Together we DO make a difference!



Side Note:
I was asked to share 'my story' with the congregation on Sunday October 28th. Here is a link to the message. Pastor Brad's sermon is awesome and I pray you are blessed, encouraged and challenged in your walk with Christ.

Here is the slideshow (click here) that I showed the congregation explaining the project for Praise and how we hope to drill her a water-well soon. These are the faces of her sweet children. 


I read a quote by Katie David that says, ""I am much more terrified of living a comfortable life in a self-serving society and failing to follow Jesus than I am of any illness or tragedy."

I can honestly say, this is a daily fear I have. 



No comments:

Post a Comment