Friday, May 20, 2011

Somewhere in Africa!


May 13, 2011

"In you the orphan finds mercy." Hosea 14:3

I am excited to announce that we are going to be seeking adoption in Africa!! We are fighting for the orphans, to bring them home, Lord willing 2!

Oh my heart is filled with overwhelming floods of joy when I say this!

God is SO GOOD! God is SO BIG! God is SO POWERFUL! God is SO LOVING!

I have to say, my heart is in Africa. Why? I have no idea. I have never been there. I know very little about the culture. But my heart is SOLD and already in the streets of this precious place.

My husband's heart is in the Sudan. But we can not adopt from the Sudan because the government is so messed up, there are no working programs out of that country. Ethiopia has slowed down their adoption program to a several year waiting list. My heart was quickly sold on sweet beautiful faces of Uganda but we must wait on the Lord and see where He directs our paths.

GLORY! AFRICA children, here we come!

So excited!

So I had a dream the other night... I was walking down the street of a small village somewhere in Uganda. There were children all around me. Sounds of children playing and other children crying. I believe I was walking along a market area. As I walked I saw the children’s bodies, legs and feet. I knew things about them but I could not see their faces. The one child who walked by me, I knew they only had the one pair of shoes I saw on their feet. Another child walked by me and was barefoot. I knew that child didn’t have shoes. Another child walked by me and all I could see on the legs was dirt. I actually could see the dusty dirt on the dark skin of the child. I also could see the dirt on the ground so very very clear. Almost being able to see the grits of sand that made up the dirt. I walked along this village area, very aware of my surrounding. I don’t believe they could see me. I know as I walked my heart was breaking for them. I was weeping inside to help them and love them. They just kept passing me and I just kept looking at them. The dirt. Their legs. Their feet. ….. then I woke up.

These children have never had a home cooked meal. They have never had a bubble bath. They have never had anyone hug them and tell them they love them. They have never had a new toy. They have never had a warm bed. Not even a pair of shoes. They have ONE set of clothing. They were abandoned on the streets, some when they were 18 months old. Just old enough to walk. Left to fen for themselves. Are you OK with that? Does that break your heart? It should.

Join me in prayer and I dare you to do something about it.

We are!

The Bible says, the Lord confides in those who fear Him. Psalm 25:14 

I can’t help but think the Lord is confiding in me. I find myself being all consumed with His glory. I know He is entrusting things unto me that are very precious, real and alive. Lord, I am clinging onto you with everything inside me.

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12


No comments:

Post a Comment