Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's Official! "Bread For Life Ministries"



"He defended the cause of the poor and needy, 
     and so all went well. 
     Is that not what it means to know me?' declares the LORD."

Jeremiah 22:16


Friends And Family...
I have some very exciting news!

I am beyond thrilled to announce that,
"Bread For Life" has been approved
through the Secretary of State and Federal Offices
and the name is OURS!!

Woo-Hoo!

Soooo it's official! We are now:
"Bread For Life Ministries"

We are non-profit bound, full speed ahead.
My heart leaps for joy when I say those words.
Who would have ever thought!

It has come to THIS point because of YOU and your continued support of this ministry when in the beginning I really had no clue what I was doing. I had no idea that the very first time I put 22 loaves of bread in the oven, that it would raise $648. Clearly the Lord was moving and demonstrating the simplicity of His work, if we are just faithful to ACT.

"God is calling us... we are supposed to move"

Here we are a year later and we raised roughly $18,000
with BREAD alone! In 12 months!

WOW! 

Glory be to GOD!

Take a step of faith... you'll never know until you do!

I remember when I was praying to the Lord,
"What can I do?"
"How can I make a difference in the lives of the least of these?"

I remember at first thinking I had to do something BIG.
Something.never.ever.thought.of.before.
Something nobody has ever done before, etc…
The foolishness of my heart kept me from seeing that the Lord only wanted me to do what he had already blessed me to do.
I am not a baker but He has blessed my ability to bake yummy bread.
The answer was right in front of my face.

"God does not call the equipped,
He equips the called."

So simple. So easy. So yummy.

I was making it much harder than it needed to be.

I would bake bread. And sell it.

Voila!

The name 'Bread For Life' is so precious to me on so many levels.
I truly know it was a name given to me from God Himself, spoken with authority straight to my heart. I will never forget the day He whispered the name to me back in 2011 as I was walking from my kitchen to my living room. It was so clear. So powerful. So profound.

The Lord's Spirit ministered to my heart and it went something like this:
"Your ministry shall be called, 'Bread For Life.’
You will bake bread, sell it and every penny raised will go to the urgent needs of my children.
Your bread will give life.
The same way that I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE.
This bread represents Me and My love for my children."

"Then Jesus declared,
"I am the bread of life.
He who comes to me will never go hungry..."
John 6:35

I've created a sticker with this scripture written on it.
It is stuck to the bottom of every single loaf of bread we sell. 

"Bread For Life" is more than just baking bread and selling it to raise money for orphans.
It is sharing the Gospel with my community.
Helping to mobilize the church to do what we have been commanded to do.





We all have "callings" in life.
However, caring for the 'least of these' is not a calling,
it is a command.
We are all commanded to care for the orphan, the widow, the naked, the hungry, the lonely
in some degree or another, no matter what.


“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’  “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’  “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." 
Matthew 25 31:40






We are commanded to do this,
in addition to the other great things we are 'called' to do. 

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27

Again, thank you to everyone who has bought a loaf of bread this past year.
Without YOU, Bread For Life couldn't exist. 

Together, we truly ARE helping children, one loaf at a time.



So here’s to our official name:




"Bread For Life Ministries"



"In you the orphan finds mercy." 
Hosea 14:3



On a side note: I have had different individuals and organizations ask if they could use 'Bread For Life' for fundraising opportunities. I am thrilled that B4L could help others in their fundraising efforts, that will go towards helping more orphans. Whether it’s fundraising for an adoption or a missions trip, or to raise money that will go directly to the needs of orphans, I am more than happy to see about selling starter kits, that can use our logo with our name. (If you need a little help getting your feet off the ground.) I have an amazing 12 member board team and we are currently working out all these details. Hopefully information on 'Bread For Life Starter Kits' will be coming soon. Until then, please message me if you are interested. Thanks and God Bless! 


Let's do this friends!
Let's change lives ALL for the Glory of Him
who changed us! 




"Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives."
Titus 3:14

2 comments:

  1. Robin, this is amazing! Only God, right? AND someone who has a heart for the orphan and is obedient to His commands. I am so excited for you and for those you have helped and will continue to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee! YES, Only and ALL God! I have said from day one, this is HIS ministry! I'm just the baker. :) To see all the Lord has done through this ministry in the past year is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. It really is true, "If we are willing, He is beyond able"

      Thanks for your continued support and encouragement. It means the world to me! Blessings my friend!!! xox

      Delete