Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Morning Mediation



 My heart longs for the presence of God!

There is an aching in my soul that only can be nurtured by Christ and Christ alone.

To be aware of such need and finding me at the foot of the Cross over it, I feel utterly unworthy.  Understanding only a fraction of what is happening within my heart, I have no choice but to cling to the coat trim of Christ and pray for wisdom.

The stirring, vision and faith that has birthed within my heart is absolutely terrifying and yet so overwhelmingly exciting that I have no choice but to bring to the Lord, in total fear; trusting His Will be brought forth, for His Glory.

As I have prayed, 'Lord, give me a purpose. Give me a active role in your heavenly kingdom. Use my life to bring absolute glory to your name. Cause me to be completely selfless in this life. Bring me to my knees. Show me the Glory and beauty that is spoke of in your Word when one bares the cross and follows You."

Is this an answer to that prayer?

One might guess.

Psalm 105:4 "Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually."

When we seek the Lord and plead for his strength,
He gives it.
When we plead for the presence of Christ to dwell within our hearts,
He is there.
When we ask things, in His name, according to His will,
He gives it.
Seems easy enough, right? 

Vs. 14 "he allows no one to oppress them; he rebukes kings on their account."

Vs. 24 "and the Lord made his people very fruitful and made them stronger than their foes."

Amazing.

Adoption.
Lord, it's all about you. It must be about you.
You adopted me. You didn't have too but you did through your great love for me that while I was ugly, dirty, broken and evil,
You chose me.
You rescued me.
You pulled me from my pit of despair.
You gave me hope.
You gave me life.
You set me free from my captives.
You released me from my bondage.
You gave me a new name.
You adopted me.

It's a beautiful, beautiful thing. You didn't have too but you did.

"Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! Then I will go to the alter of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God." Psalm 43:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment