Friday, January 13, 2012

Absolutely Heart Wrenching



*WARNING*

This post is one of the hardest I have ever had to post.
I wish I could say it is not true. I wish I could tell you that it's all a joke.
I can not.
For those of you who would rather skip this post, I challenge you to read it.
I challenge you to look at the pictures. See for yourself,
this really IS real.

If you have always turned a blind eye to the problems and injustice in other countries,
today, I challenge you,
DON'T.
Understand what kind of world other children live in.

Picture your own kids.
This puts life in perspective.
For me, a very real reality.
See that it's not all about the iPhone, the new flat screen TVs, the fantasy cars,
the cool clothes, our bank account balances.

This is true heartbreak. This is true pain. This is true reality.
This is utter and profound injustice for innocent beautiful children.
This is life for millions of children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps some of you may wonder why I have started Bread FOR Life.
Every day I cry.
EVERY DAY.
Every day I see faces in my head that have no home.
They have no parents.
They have no water.
They have no bed.
They have no food.
They have no clothes.
They simply have nothing.

They are neglected, abused, tortured and left for dead.

As I write this, I have tears flowing down my face.
I can barely breathe.
My chest hurts in grief that is so deep and so real sometimes
I do not know how to physically move from my chair.

This is one story that I will never forget.

 I believe I have a righteous anger in me too.
I believe that some of my pain I feel inside is
because I have not done anything sooner.
There came a day when I knew I needed to do something.

My life that I have always lived; comfortable,
in need of nothing, having everything, never missing a meal,
clean water, warm bed… etc., for me, seems almost criminal.
(I am thankful, don't get me wrong and please don't misinterpret that statement.)

I want to put everything behind me and go into the fields.
We need to serve the orphan.
We need to serve the abandoned.
We need to serve the lonely, forgotten, abused, tormented and heartbroken.

I do not want this life anymore.
Someone needs to help these PRECIOUS children and I pray we are those people.

Please know, these images are raw.
They are heart wrenching.
They are horrifying.

But they are real.
Even if you choose to not look or read this story,
the problem doesn’t go away until someone chooses to deny themselves
and fight for their cause.

To be a voice when they can not move their mouths anymore.



Do not move an ancient boundary stone
   or encroach on the fields of the fatherless,

for their Defender is strong;
(Praise JESUS)
   he will take up their case against you.”
(Thank you Lord!)
Proverbs 23: 10-11

A blog entree post from the Loux Family Blog
Also shared on "Orphan Justice Center"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking arms with us and bringing awareness to the horrifying injustices that go on everyday to millions and millions of children around the world. We desperately need everyone's help to make a change!
    God bless you and your precious family!
    In Christ's love,
    Renee' Loux

    ReplyDelete